Friday, August 26, 2005

Dropping like Flies.

sfGnome and MicroTA are both still fighting the lurgy so only I went to RunClub. With the lights being off on the track we set off to the Time Trial course. This of course meant long intervals. The new plan was 2x2k then 4x500m. Tim always checks if there's any niggles, hurts or illnesses and based on one cough declared me unwell. I as usual protested.

Angela, who did admit to a cold, and I set out together. 1st k was 4.53 and Tim told us to keep that pace and we finished the 2k in 9.50. Rest . Second 2k and our first k was 4.47 and we came home in 9.30. I felt stuffed and sat down immediately to recover. Ok time to admit I was not as well as I thought but after our rest I was ready for the remaining 4x500's. Not to be - Tim told me I'd done enough and to put my top on and sit out the next part which he changed to another 2k. Angela did it in 9.22 to which Tim told her I'd obviously being holding her back. Rude man ;-). Finished the session with lunges, hovers and stretches.

When I left I got told to rest Friday and maybe we'll do PT Saturday. Too right we will!!

TA

1 Comments:

At 5:45 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Seems like everyone is coming down with the dreaded lurgy. Hope you're feeling ok. Sounds like quite a tough session you had too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home