Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Climbing back on the horse

Well, a week and a half later, I finally felt good enough to venture out for a short slow run this morning. Wasn't it gorgeous! Beautiful weather. Why would you live anywhere else :-) Actually, if the truth be known, I've been wanting to run since Sunday, but Tiger Angel kept her foot very firmly down and wouldn't let me out until I really was better.

I just did my standard 5.5k loop at what I thought would be about 5.5 minute pace. Refused to look at my watch during the run and resisted all temptation to speed up. Very pleased to find that I completed it in 27:40, so I couldn't have got much closer to the 5.5 minute pace if I'd tried.

Run club on Thursday, Striders (Nth Head) on Saturday, and Blackmores the week after. Getting excited again (I really should get out more... :-)

sfG

2 Comments:

At 10:45 am, Blogger Jen said...

Very glad to hear that you are feeling better Gnome. I'm looking forward to seeing you and TA next Sunday!

Jen

 
At 5:49 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

TA is a very wise woman. You're very lucky to have her looking after you! Glad you're feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home