Sunday, August 28, 2005

R U Completely Well ?

This text arrived about 2hrs before my Saturday PT session was due while I was watching MicroTA's team win their semi-final. " I think I'm fine" " Ok cu at 4". Yes we were on :-).

As I hadn't raced that day Tim said it was a good chance to concentrate on lower body and maybe a bit of upper stuff. After 3 laps warmup it was alternating butt kick drills and run thrus to help program in faster cadence before doing some downhill running practice. Followed this with multiple sets of step ups, squats (with Barbell), wall squats and lunges ( with Dumbbells). We then finished with upper stuff and some abs. Tim suggested I might be a bit sore on Sunday.

Sunday morning I woke to feel twinges in my glutes and quads and a slight reoccurence of the chesty cough. I was only to do a 75min run today so with Gnome still crook I decided to run after work in the local area. I popped on my HRM aiming to stay around 150 as I was conscious of not being 100%. If I started to struggle or hit 160 I backed right off even walking for 20ms a couple of times. I eventually couldn't be bothered finding another direction to go and got back to the car in 70 mins having covered 11k. I enjoyed a lazy afternoon and the cough has settled. A rest day tomorrow (apart from work ;-) should see me 'completely well'.

TA

3 Comments:

At 8:49 am, Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear that you are (almost) "completely well". Take care of yourself (and Gnome!) over the next 2 weeks so you are both fighting fit and ready for the Half. See you then. J

 
At 10:05 pm, Blogger CJ said...

For someone who is recovering from the lurgy you're certainly packing the activities in! Hope you're feeling better and take care with your health. Also hope the rest of the family is feeling much better.

 
At 10:39 pm, Blogger CJ said...

You wanted to know how many Tim Tams a marathon is worth - a lot more than one and they have to be the double choc coated variety! I have also been known to have a magnum icecream after the event as well! I love my chocolate! The split run idea is a new concept for me - will be able to let you know after the marathon whether its a goer or not!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home