Saturday, September 10, 2005

Almost ready

It's 8:30, we've just finished our now-traditional pasta and prawns, soon to be followed by creamed rice. I don't know that the creamed rice is either necessary nor useful, but the race is as good an excuse as I can think of to have creamed rice! I love it :-)

All that's left is to put our race packs together, lay the morning's clothes out, make a final decision on how we're going to get there and off to bed (perchance to dream, but more likely to lie awake in a lather of self-doubt and delicious anticipation :-)

With the disruptions of the last month, neither of us has any idea of how things will go. There's no planning and no real expectations. Whatever happens tomorrow will be as much a suprise to us as to anyone. So, let's hope for a pleasant suprise and let's not fear an unpleasant one.

I Do Not Fear Failure; From It I Learn.
I Am Not Scared Of The Unknown; It Will Not Remain So.
I Will Not Go Quietly; I Will Not Lie Down.
We Are Strong, And Tomorrow Is Ours.

sfG

2 Comments:

At 9:43 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

Just relax and enjoy the run. I'm sure you will both run well. See you tomorrow.

 
At 7:23 am, Blogger Cirque said...

No planning and no expectations....
Sounds like a fantastic way to just run and enjoy. Hope all goes well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home