Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thursday night hit-out

I wuz gunna run wensdy, rooly I wuz. Just slept in, thas all... Anyhow made up for it by doing the normal 25k bike ride to work this morning, and Run Club tonight. The session was 4 x 1.5k intervals with 3 minutes recovery between. Tim suggested 10-15 seconds slower than 5k race pace, which for me would put it out at about 5:20-5:30 or so. However, it ended up about 20 seconds under instead...

I followed Rob and a few others at a pace thatI was pretty sure I could maintain all night, but was a bit of a push at the same time. I was very suprised to see at the end of the first 1.5k that it was 5:47 (ie under 4:00/k pace). The second was 5:50, then 5:55, and finally 5:45 again. The beauty of the last one was that I wasn't trying harder or flogging myself - I was concentrating on form, and in particular a better back-lift. If that's worth 10 seconds over 1.5k, then I'd better remember it more often :-)

Johnny Dark is pacing me at the CR 5k on Saturday morning - aiming to smash through the current 21:50 pb. I've done no short, timed runs since before the C2S, so all the "you've plateaued at best, probably on the downhill" doubts have been surfacing. Tonight has given me confidence that 21:30 (or even better??) is possible. Roll on Saturday :-)

It's a 10k "rolling hills with Fartlek" session tomorrow morning, CR5k on Saturday, Grandfinal on Sat afternoon, and fitting in a long run somwhere on Sunday (between TA's course and Church and who knows what else). I can't wait for daylight saving. If only they could add the extra hour at the end without taking it away from the beginning...

I think that TA intended to report on her doings separately, but I also think that she's gone to bed, so looks like it's going to be tomorrow.

sfG

1 Comments:

At 1:08 pm, Blogger Jen said...

What a great session at RunClub Gnome which must fill you with a lot of confidence. Good luck with the CR 5km challenge on Saturday - I'm sure all your hard work will pay off :-)

J

PS Go the Swans!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home