Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Will I Ever Learn?

Monday was our rest day and after work I attempted some study but by 9.30pm I had such a bad headache I loaded up with drugs and went to bed, still setting the alarm for an early morning run as I hoped the headache would be gone. Wasn't the case but in my stubborness I got up, took some more headache tabs and Gnome and I headed out the door.

The plan was 1.5k warmup, 5k tempo and 1.5k cooldown. We don't have an 8k route so chose the 9k one and tried to workout how to make it shorter. Warmup and the first 3k of the tempo were going well but then my brain and body reused to co-op on the third hill and I stopped. Gnome made me keep walking for about 30m and then I told myself off and we started running again. 1.5k later I stopped again and we walked the 500m up the steady climb. We then ran home the long way as I said I had to make up for the walk. Gnome said that was dumb as no punishment was involved. He also asked if we were running too fast on the way home to which I replied "it hurts at any speed, so we might as well keep a good pace". Upon checking the watch when we got home we'd actually kept good time over the tempo :-).

Maybe one day I'll listen to my own advice but I doubt it somehow.

TA

2 Comments:

At 9:47 pm, Blogger silverfox said...

Tiger Angel

For what its worth, I am the same, hopeless at listening to my body. I think it is one of the most valuable lessons to learn, knowing when and when not. Good on you for getting out the door though. If only we knew when to pick our moments!

 
At 8:11 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

TA, Looks like you're learning all the time!! However, I think Gnome should have knocked you on the headache & sent you back to bed! Hope you're OK today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home