Monday, October 31, 2005

Shiny New Shoes

Over the last couple of weeks Gnome has borrowed some cycling shoes from a guy at work and has being riding my bike to work. He is now hooked on my bike so off we went to buy his early chrissy present of cycling shoes. So, of course, it seemed a good idea to replace my old ones at the same time. So, 40mins later we walked out a fair bit poorer but the proud owners of new shoes and new pedals for 'my' bike. We both ended up with shimano but Gnome's are road shoes while mine are tri shoes.

So after work and studying, at 10pm tonight I still hadn't done my active rest session. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out the new gear, so I pedalled away gently on the windtrainer in the garage for 30mins.

Of course the problem we now have is having to change settings on the bike each time the other wants to use it. Me thinks it would be easier to just buy me a new one :-). Gnome doesn't :-(.

TA

6 Comments:

At 9:03 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Definitely easier to buy new bike.. for you.. and then gnome can have your old one :)

 
At 9:27 am, Blogger miners said...

Yep, I'm totally with Lulu on this one - you need yourself a new bike TA! And what's more, now that you have the tri shoes (yay!) you also needa tri-specific bike rather than gnomeys road bike anyway.

See you at Ironman ;)

 
At 11:13 am, Blogger Jen said...

I think you need a new bike TA. Think of all that time that will be saved when you don't have to change the settings all the time

:-)

J

 
At 1:45 pm, Blogger CJ said...

I think my new bike tri shoes are the Shimano TR2 silver ones too - they should arrive tomorrow. Very exciting :-)

 
At 9:56 pm, Blogger silverfox said...

ta/sfg

cant comment on bikes & shoes but can say congrats to Bruce on the 5km time! TA, perhaps the stomach problems could relate to all out efforts over shorter distances, where the stomach is working a bit harder (albeit over a shorter time). No expert I would preface. Hope to catch you both on sat.

 
At 8:12 am, Blogger Unknown said...

new bike...splendid idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home