Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Competent - a crap word to say I'm qualified.

Before anything, I have to say my vomiting is not as heroic as it sounds. It appears to be a way my tum copes with allergies. I've been like it all my life so it's no big deal and we just laugh it off but thanks for your concern.

After runclub, sfG and I took a rest day on Friday. Saturday came and sfG stumbled around for half an hour wishing it would end as his ankle was not at all comfortable. I had PT in the afternoon mostly concentrating on mid foot running. It was sensational at the Bay - just the best weather to be out there exercising.

On Sunday we met up with bennyr and spent a pleasant 90 minutes on our bikes exploring Homebush and Newington. When I complained about bottom soreness at about 80mins, sfG suggested it was time to find the coffee shop. Good idea and a very pleasant way to round off the ride with the 3 of us drinking, eating and chatting.

Monday we took another rest day and today (Tuesday) we ran with Angela. I haven't run much distance in the last couple of weeks ( I know - active rest!) but today we aimed for a 65min easy run. We decided to take Angela on a new route thru Beecroft. We live on the edge of a plateau and to go to Beecroft you actually drop down off the edge of it. I'd remembered we'd have to come back along Copeland Rd ( 1.6k of eXtreme undulations ) but forgot that we then immediately turned right onto Pennant Hills Rd and started the climb back up to the plateau. Just to prove how silly we are, we then went home via John Savage Rd which aptly describes its hill. The run was good and sfG's ankle held up ok but in hindsight it was probably way too many hills for an easy run.

However the good news of the day was that the lecturer I spoke to last week grabbed my resubmitted papers and marked them quickly for me and I am now 'competent'. In nicer words it means I passed Cert III and am a qualified gym instructor. Now I have to get registered, insured and start my professional practice subject for Cert IV in the next couple of weeks. Apparently I have to complete about 20 hours of stuff. We'll be busy Tim :-).

TA

4 Comments:

At 8:02 am, Blogger Jen said...

Gnome, thank you for your very kind & sweet comment on my blog on Friday. I really appreciate it.

I'm really glad to hear that your ankle is improving Gnome, and TA congratulations on your competency ;-) If Satan ever leaves me, I know who my next PT will be.

Well done !!

J.

 
At 9:30 am, Blogger miners said...

What - no vomiting this post? very disappointing ...

A big congrats on passing the course & gaining the qualifications TA - we must organise a CR gym class to celebrate!

 
At 11:36 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Big Congrats on being deemed competent! I'm sure you'll have plenty of people queuing for your services.. don't suppose you want to move to Bronte do you?

 
At 1:38 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats on getting your quals TA!

What fun times ahead for you, making people suffer :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home