Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"Active" Rest for the last few days.

What does active rest really mean? It's not sitting around on your bottom all day and it's not doing hard stuff. It's meant to be doing things but at a very easy pace. So instead of an easy run go for a walk, etc. So Sunday I went for a 30min walk and Monday I did nothing.

Tuesday I only had time for a 50min weights session as the rain had thrown out my transport options for college. Talking of college I got back my final assignment for Cert III but had to resubmit 4 of the 35 questions as they were marked 'Not Yet Competent'. Bit dissappointed as I thought they were on the right track but... Anyway I decided to check one of them with one of the lecturers before handing it in and she just looked at it all and said I should never have had to resubmit. Apparently the marker I had is over zealous . Very frustrating because I now have to wait a couple of more weeks before getting my official Cert III forms and only then can I start my professional practice subject for Cert IV. Oh well, it will all come together in the end.

So today sfG and myself got up about 6.30am to take his 4 stitches for a run. Luckily it was an easy 3ish ks as I woke up feeling like I'd been run over by a bus. Both I and the stitches came good and got home in one piece! Just rang sfG and he is still alive. Looks like the foot was quite happy with its run today.

Later this morning I met up with my riding buddy Jan. It's over 6 months since I've road ridden and hence ridden with Jan. She has missed me. (Awww shucks) .We had a great time at Homebush going all over the place including Newington and Silverwater Bridge. I think we found most of the inclines in this flattish place. We did about 31k in 85 mins (av 22K) yet seemed to be riding at 28-30k alot of the time. It appears the leg strength has improved but the muscles weren't always happy with this new action. Mind you I think we probably worked harder in parts than we should have to qualify for "active" rest.

Next week we are staying more local which means lots of hills!! Maybe I'll have to do the Homebush hill as practice when sfG and myself go for a ride with bennyr on Sunday. Oh and my new cycling shoes and pedals were so comfortable. I second CJ's sentiments that they make you ride better. I'm also happy because now they look a bit dirty. Far too silvery and shiny for my liking :-).

TA



2 Comments:

At 5:25 pm, Blogger miners said...

Great to hear you getting back into the riding TA - except I have equal amounts of cycling shoe envy with yourself AND CJ.

 
At 10:24 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Good to hear that you think the cycle shoes help. Mine are looking a little grubby now too - it was a bit like twinkle toes to begin with!

When I cycled the other day with my friend, I felt we were doing faster than the average of 23kph and looking over the stats perkm we were at times riding at 28kph. Hills are our downfall!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home