Saturday, November 05, 2005

Experiment Successful

For all you fellow science boffins, an experiment is successful when the theory is proven absolutely true or absolutely false. So my carbo loading experiment was successful.

I know carbo loading is usually reserved for marathons but I have been having trouble lately with energy depletion in races so this seemed an ideal chance to give it a go as the outcome was not a major deal. I also chose the carbo option that did come with the warning that it may not suit individual performance races. What that means is that both the race and I were stuffed!!! So today I did a PW for the year ( 3 mins off PB ) but I learnt heaps.

Yesterday I woke up and thought I feel great, today I woke up and my stomach was so full I couldn't even fit in a quarter of a piece of toast and even during the 10k I grabbed some water but spat it straight back out as I was too full to take it in. The rest went over my head. So even a couple of hours later I still can't face food.

However the scientist in me is happy. I now have practical experience of previous text book knowledge and will use it to adapt a better plan.

TA

2 Comments:

At 12:39 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Thanks for being the guinea pig on the carbo loading thing TA.

So, what's the next experiment :-)

 
At 4:32 pm, Blogger Gronk said...

Your PW could just be because it was very humid morning. Hard to race under those conditions. When you work out the optimum 10km race preparation however - don't keep it to your self ! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home