Thursday, December 01, 2005

Rest and Exercise

Survived my week of dog walking and thoroughly enjoyed being back and running with Angela at Runclub last Thursday.

On Friday, the Neuralgia I'd had all week got worse so I took a rest day (again!). Saturday morning my head couldn't face the CR5k so I just did PT in the arvo. It was a running session to revive my aerobic levels from their week of slumber!! (read aerobic threshold for 2 k, 2min on/1min off for 2k, and some hills all thrown in during a bay lap). I remember enjoying the hill part :-).

Sunday was a rest again and Monday we did 8k with Angela. Tuesday was a weights session at the gym and Wednesday was more rest.

It seems lately I'm having lots of rest days but I have to say I'm almost too busy to notice them. Between family, study and preparing for a mission trip to Cambodia in January, life is overwhelmingly hectic. I just know I'm lucky enough to be able to do all these things because of sfG's support - one very patient man.

TA

2 Comments:

At 1:29 pm, Blogger miners said...

Hey, rest is all part of the whole training program anyway! Doesn't matter if it starts to take up 80% of it, it's probably exactly what you really need right now anyway TA.

Look forward to catching up with you both on the weekend :)

 
At 10:09 pm, Blogger CJ said...

As everyone tells me, rest days are good. Look after yourself and remember some 'me-time'. Take care.

Neuralgia- sounds awful. Hope you are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home