Thursday, May 22, 2008

3 legs bad, 2 legs good...

I went to the Doc this morning, and I'm finally off the crutches. It's really, really weird to be walking on two legs again. I keep reaching for the crutches every time I get up from a chair, and simple things like going up stairs are just strange... Still, I guess that will pass pretty quickly :-)

I'm allowed to start swimming and riding again, but walking (as in 'going for walks', not just 'walking around the house') is still off the agenda for a couple of weeks. Apparently, your bones get weaker when you don't load them, so after 6 weeks of no load, my bones need some loading before I start to hammer them again.

After that, it's back to the old walk/run routine, and when I'm up to running half an hour then I have to go back and see him in full running regalia so he can see if there's some underlying cause for the break (whenever anything goes wrong, it's always my right leg...).

Tiger angel's niggles continue their orbit around her body, but there's some good signs that things are starting to settle down again and the training is starting to pay off in better session results too. It's all good... :-)

Hopalong Gnome

5 Comments:

At 10:31 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats on your progression to near normality Gnome :) Looks like you might be up and at 'em before winter is over.

 
At 5:05 pm, Blogger Bennyr said...

Getting there, Gnome.

Hopefully you'll get to join me on the runs toward the end of that list I put on my blog.

Cheers,
Ben

 
At 8:19 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Good to hear you are back on two legs.

I think my niggles spend there time trying to find new and interesting places to visit too!

 
At 9:30 am, Blogger Ewen said...

In "full running regalia" - does the doc think the dodgy Striders uniform is causing your hopalongness?

 
At 5:53 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

"Near normal" is a wonderful place to be in, Gnome...not too many get anywhere near that nowadays!

Stay well & hugs for you & TA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home