Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's hip to be square

Latest from the doc. I have to stay on the crutches for another another 4 weeks (6 in total) and I'm not even allowed to go swimming during that time (Hrumph!). After that, I can start walking a bit and when that's going OK then I can start a run/walk return (again). With a bit of luck I'll be trotting around by the June CR5k / July Striders 10k.

Tiger angel decided to give the Tri NSW club champs a miss for this year as it clashed with her mum's 80th birthday celebrations, and then decided to still skip it when mum changed her party to this weekend. At this stage, some more open water (surf) experience is desired before she races in it.

We are both entered for the SMH half (yet another year we can't run it together), but TA will be there with bells on, and hopefully be somewhat more comfortable this year than last. :-) If any male feels like impersonating a Gnome for a day (and promises not to run faster than 100min) then I'm sure I could manage to absent-mindedly drop my bib and timing chip just as you were walking past... :-)

Gnome

6 Comments:

At 10:18 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Good news Gnome. Just need enough training to get you under 75mins for C2S so you keep your A1 start for 2009. Go Swans tomorrow!

 
At 9:30 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Hey Gnomey - June it is! See you there ;-)

 
At 4:01 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

6 weeks on crutches ... your upper body should be strong by the end of that.

 
At 7:59 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Six weeks are nothing, if you think of all the years ahead of you, Gnome! Still, nothing good about a gnome being on crutches!

I'll try & look out for TA at the SMH half marathon as she speeds past!

 
At 1:00 pm, Blogger plu said...

Just catching up - need to read back and see what has happened - I hope you are as well as can be expected.

Plu

 
At 11:20 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to hear you have a solid diagnosis. I know what you mean about the threat of surgery.. that was mentioned to me when I was diagnosed with the hip cartilidge tear.

You can say that you managed to run a sub 5 hour 6 foot with a stress fracture in your hip!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home