Saturday, December 17, 2005

A new toy from my beloved

It is our 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday, and tonight TA handed me my present early, saying "you might want to use this tomorrow". Folks, I've joined the Garmin party :-) Caution: non-running bit follows. Feel free to skip to the end if you only read this blog for our advanced training secrets... :-)

25 years is a long time, but it's not nearly long enough to be with TA. There's been a number of times in my life when everything has got a bit too much for me to handle, and I've tended to disappear down a black hole of my own making. I can say without any embarrassment that in those times, it's her strength and faith (both in God and in me) that has pulled us all through. Sometimes I'm a really wonderful husband, and sometimes I'm pretty ordinary; a lot of the time we laugh together, occasionally we get annoyed; sometimes we disagree but we always sort it out; sometimes it's been tough, but it's never been boring.

Susie, thank you, not just for the Garmin, but for 25 years of understanding and fun and growth. I wonder what we'll be doing in another 25 years time? Who knows, but as long as it's together, it doesn't really matter.

Bru (sfG)

5 Comments:

At 5:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 25 years time we will all be sitting in the CR nursing home discussing walking frame PBs.

Congratulations on 25 years together. What a magical milestone.

Rob and Cheri

 
At 9:06 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary !

Personally, I think you two are far too young to have been married for 25 years ;-)

 
At 9:49 am, Blogger miners said...

congratulations to the two of you - and especially for TA for having the sense to buy you the most indispensible training tool ever ;)

 
At 10:59 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Sue and Bru... I've drunk waaaay toooo much tonight but I really hope that I have a relationship that's half as awesome as yours one day. i LOVE you guys...even if I'm soooo envious of the garmin! xxx

 
At 9:23 am, Blogger RunDave said...

I think you may have given away your advanced training secret.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home