Monday, August 28, 2006

Baby steps (again)

Step 1 of the plan is going OK. Since it started, I've;
  • Walked 4.5k in 47 min (Tuesday)
  • Walked 4.75k in 45 min (Thursday) including 6 x 50m jogs
  • Walk/run 6.3k in 45 min (Sat) 200m on /200m off
  • Walk/Run 7.0k in 45 min (Monday) 500m on / 200m off (5k running all up)
So far, no problems, apart from noticing that I am way out of condition! :-0 Still, it'll all come back soon enough. With a bit of luck, Wednesday morning will mark my graduation from Step 1 when I run (easy!) my old 5.5k loop with no shin/ankle problems. Then it's into Step 2.

One small thing. On my last entry, I wasn't as clear as I could/should have been (thanks Plu for picking it up). I said "Of course, to start with, the long runs will be about 5k :-)". What I meant was that to start with, all the sessions will be very light and simple. They'll really only become intervals or speed or tempo when my body is back up to the required level. For the moment, the real goal is just to be able to run again.

Gnome

5 Comments:

At 7:50 am, Blogger Jen said...

That's a great goal Gnome. I'm so pleased to hear that you are slowly easing your way back into it. You're right - your fitness will come back quickly.

 
At 10:02 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yep - i like your plan gnome. take it easy and you will be back to it in no time at all :) take care!!

 
At 12:23 pm, Blogger miners said...

good to konw you're taking it sensibly mate. your fitness won't be hiding too far away. Just come back healthy OK?

 
At 12:44 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Looking forward to taking some baby steps of my own soon Gnome - I'll have to keep coming back here for some inspiration!

 
At 2:09 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I'm sure you'll soon get your fitness back. It does seem to come back surprisingly quickly as if your body remembers what it was supposed to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home