Thursday, August 31, 2006

Not depressed just Mental

I caught up with Dr Pain this morning. I told him about my visit to the sports Dr and he'd received a letter from her and read it to me. In the last line she suggested keeping an eye on my mental state. He looked me in the eye and said "You are not depressed just mental" and laughed. Who needs enemies with such a good friend.

Anyway, he is very pleased with how my back, etc, was today and said I could start some sensible reconditioning. He said I have to return slowly as I'll still have good/bads day but thought the All Women's Triathlon would be a good race to aim for, as it's at the start of February and would allow me 5 months to get my body back to normal.

Gees it's nice to be able to plan and have a direction.

TA

(Meanwhile I have to have another blood test to measure my 'soluble transferrin receptor' . Who knows what that is but my Iron levels are not improving despite taking supplements and eating lots of meat.)


7 Comments:

At 5:16 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Haha. Aren't we all mental?

Sounds like a great goal race TA. Now you've got me thinking...

 
At 5:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent - exactly the event that I am aiming for.

By the way I have known that you are mental for a very long time now :-)

wt

 
At 5:21 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you make it to that goal, TA. What a wonderful sight to set your eyes on...brave girl!

 
At 5:33 pm, Blogger Ellie80 said...

what a great event! maybe i'll try and conquer my fear of bikes by then! glad to hear you are on the comeback - mental or not :)

 
At 7:39 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Aren't all runners slightly on the mental side :) Good to see you planning to tackle something exciting.

 
At 8:34 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

This too shall pass!

If you didn't have some degree of lunacy you would never have become involved with Coolrunning!



{{{{{{{thought and prayers from your fellow blood bank reject }}}}}}}

 
At 6:35 pm, Blogger 26miles said...

Good to see my favourite running couple this morning at Striders - hopefully you're both on the road to recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home