Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Well and truely thumped.

My 2 weeks of low level activity is almost over. In that time I've mostly (see below) restricted myself to walking and one set of very easy wts per week. I have also dropped the anti-inflammatory medication as I felt it wasn't helping and I seemed to be getting side effects that made me hurt more !! I saw the sports physician last week and she suggested that soon I start to re-conditon myself and ease back into running (if the back stays stable). She, also, admitted she can't put a name to what has been wrong with me but assured me I wasn't psychosymatic.

I'm sure this wasn't her idea of easing back into it but I attended a Thump instructor course last Sunday. It was really informative and involved almost 4 hours of practical work. Learnt lots and got very sore in the process. Oh well, you can't be good all the time ;-).

TA

5 Comments:

At 1:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to reap the benefits of that Thump course :-)

There's something to look forward to when I get home.

wt

 
At 1:37 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

It seems to be going well Bruce. Running again is a great goal.

So, can we get you to settle all arguments on CoolRunning?

 
At 3:26 pm, Blogger miners said...

Hope that whatever you try gets you back into things sooon TA. It's been too long a lay-off for someone with as much energy as you!

 
At 10:15 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

A Thump course! Is the Gnome worried you are looking for a practice partner :-)

 
At 2:07 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Good to hear that you've got the all clear to ease back into it. It will be great to see you out and about running again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home