Thursday, March 01, 2007

Two milestones

Passed two milestones today.

Number one was that Dr Pain declared that I was improving - my toe movement has progressed to a Grade 1. Apparently, last week's Grade zero means no activity, and Grade 5 is full movement/strength. If I concentrate hard and watch closely, I can lift my toe a fraction of a mm. Still, it's a start :-). Actually, there's a whole bunch of useful markers of improvement. I managed to feed the cat and get my cereal this morning! Up till now, I've had to sit down between the jobs. How cool is that?

The second milestone was that I had to let my belt out a notch this morning... Looks like I can't continue to eat a 50+ km/wk diet on 24 hr/day inactivity :-). Dr Pain told me to start walking in water and see how I handled it, so watch out - I'm going to be an olympic-level water-walker before you know it!

Gnome

p.s. Thankyou for your uplifting comments. I'm not actually a ray of sunshine all the time (just ask TA! :-) ) , so there were a few times when your posts really lifted me out of the doldrums. Thanks.

p.p.s. I asked for a sitting-down-job at striders on Saturday, so I'm told that I'll be on timekeeping. Just remember, for those of you running, a signifcant PB is only a blank cheque away... :-) :-) :-)

5 Comments:

At 7:58 am, Blogger Superflake said...

Glad to see that the toe is finally showing some improvement. Water walking could be a replacement for synchronised swimming you think? See you at Homebush and I'll take that PB thanks.

 
At 10:19 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Good news Gnomey! Just don't get the cat food and your cereal mixed up :-)

If its anything like water running walking will be great exercise. Imagine how strong your legs will get!

 
At 10:36 am, Blogger Lulu said...

I'm so pleased to hear that there is some improvement. I hope the water walking is not too boring you fall asleep :) Don't strain any digits on the time keeping duties.

 
At 8:11 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Oh no. Poor TA!

I've heard that London is pushing Olympic status for water-walking.

Are you also doing the timekeeping at SFT? Please, please!

 
At 1:38 pm, Blogger Jen said...

A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single toe movement ;-)

One step - or movement - at a time & you will be back Gnome :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home