Thursday, April 19, 2007

Limbo

Limbo - n. A state of nothingness; inbetween.

Limbo - n. A West Indian dance requiring the dancer to bend ever further backwards to achieve an ever more difficult goal.

Yep, I think that just about describes it. I went to Dr Pain today, and as expected, he wants me to wait and find out from the Neurosurgeon in two weeks whether/when I can run again, so here I wait (Again. Still.)...

The good news is that the swimming is going swimmingly. I swam 1km continuously today (plus 300m warm up and 100m warm down both with fins which is definitely a step up on the struggle-to-the-other-end-then-gasp-for-a-few-minutes that use to constitute a swim session for me. It amazing what practicing every second day for three months can achieve :-)

Anyhow, it's bike tomorrow morning to work, and then an hour's walk while everyone else is running at Run Club (I'm not bitter; really :-) :-) ), and so the week continues...

Gnome

p.s. had a top time at the Canberra Marathon on Sunday. Drove down late Saturday night, stopping in a picnic area for a few hours kip in the car half way there. Only just arrived in time to wish a few friends good luck and then spent the morning riding around taking photos and cheering. It was so pleasing to see Uncle Dave get his new PB in fine style, and Tesso ripping in to her 50k (not to mention Nite-time-runner's remarkable improvement and too many others to mention), but I was really upset for Wayne (JD) and his battles with the Cramp Bear. It hurt so much just watching and waiting and seeing the time tick by; it's hard to imagine what it felt like for him being out there. Never know. Maybe it'll rain next year. Then we'll whip that course into shape just like we did at the Central Coast last year. Wadayareckon, JD? :-)

10 Comments:

At 8:26 am, Blogger Mouse_and_NTR said...

i would be adding the warm up and cool down distance your swimming total too! thats awesome. Stay positive - although your roving photography skills are loved by all, we'd much rather you waited another few weeks, and then be able to wave to us whilst you're running on the course. Thanks for everything leading up to and during Canberra - i really appreciated the support from you both!

 
At 8:52 am, Blogger Superflake said...

Thanks for coming down Bruce. It was a bit of shock when I came around the corner and you took my phot.

 
At 11:01 am, Blogger Lulu said...

Nice to spend a bit of time with you at the weekend. I hope you won't be held in limbo for too much longer.

 
At 8:16 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Just don't go trying the limbo for a while! The fingers are crossed for good news in two weeks.

Thanks so much for the great photos from Sunday. But even bigger thanks to you for all the support and encouragement in the build up to Canberra and on the day.

I've just figured out why I didn't notice that little rise up to the bridge near where you were standing ... its because you were there and every time I ran up there I was so excited to see you I didn't even notice it was a hill!

 
At 8:35 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Don't get your swimming too good Gnomey. Someone told me 'swimming is for blouses'.

Good to see you (moving well) on the weekend. Hopefully you'll be limboing up for Run Club before you know it!

 
At 8:37 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Yep, we're a couple of mudlarks Bruce. :-)

Thanks for your support and the pics, enjoyed our chat at Rydges too.

JD

 
At 2:39 pm, Blogger allrounder said...

hi guys...

sorry to hear about the lack of progress for you Gnomey...hope it all gets sorted soon...

 
At 3:30 pm, Blogger PortRunr said...

Fingers crossed for good news in a couple of weeks.
Great to see you down in Canberra. Thanks very much for the support all around the course. Can't wait for the CR unsorted photo section to be fixed so I can check out the pics! :)

 
At 9:27 pm, Blogger CJ said...

TA thanks for your comments - I have to say that I'm glad the marathon is over now. Actually while I was running the last stretch of the marathon I thought of last year when I saw you and yelled out that I was running a PB!! I was wishing that I felt as good as I did last year!

And I did enjoy the choc bunny to start with, but I ate too much and felt blah by the end!

 
At 3:12 pm, Blogger miners said...

so I'm still unsure - are you in a state of waiting, or do you have the skin-tight jeans on trying to balance under a low broom handle?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home