Saturday, April 07, 2007

Striders Domain 10k

This week was busy.

Sunday - 80min run ( in between watching the swim and bike leg of ironman)
Monday - 30 min run ( 10 barefoot on beach) + some wts
Tuesday - abs + 40min bike session
Wednesday - 30 min walk + some wts + boxing session
Thursday - swim am and Runclub at night ( my first 3k time trial in 18months - 15.03)
Friday - did absolutely nothing for the first time in 4 weeks and my body ached all day!!
Saturday - Striders 10k at the Domain. Gnome was on marshalling duties.

Last month at Homebush I ran 58.48 but having done no hill work for over a year I didn't know what to expect on this course. I anticipated I would do about the same but was hopeful to dip into 57.5x. I worked out I needed to hit around 19.00min for each of the 3 laps. First hill I was stuffed and very scared at how I felt, 2nd hill was just as bad but I noticed I hit the 5k at 29.14 and this meant I was still on track. Third time up the hill I kept telling myself I was strong and then realized I was at the top turning for the steady incline. At the 8 k mark I felt really good and came home to finish in 57.04 ( second 5k - 27.50 ) for a 1.44 improvement on last month's 10k in spite of the wind and rain.

After drying off, we then enjoyed breakfast in Leichardt with Julia, Lorna (Owl) and Wayne (JD).

TA

4 Comments:

At 8:00 pm, Blogger silverfox said...

Sue
Great effort today, the last lap of that course really hurts, you will gain a lot from that effort. Funny - I loved seeing the 8km marker today too! Bruce - heres your hat - whats your hurry? Thanks for marshalling today mate! Get well(running)soon.

 
At 8:49 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Great run sue to improve that much over Homebush. Excellent! I'm freespirit will have you back doing some hill training to help you get the strength back. Thanks to gnome for braving the horrible conditions and playing chicken with a few cars as well.

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Fantastic run today TA. Well done!

 
At 10:39 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, that's a great improvement on last month and one hell of a negative split! Well done!

So, I guess the goal is sub 15 for the next TT and sub 57 for the next 10k.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home