Wednesday, April 25, 2007

So Busy I forgot the 10% Rule

At a staff meeting the other night it took about 3-4 gos to find a night that I was free for the next one. The girls always comment on how much I pack in to life but to me it's normal. Mind you it really makes me appreciate rest days :-).

As for training, it's bumped up quite a bit over the last 2 weeks. When I checked my totals I've already doubled March's k's and April isn't over yet. I'm feeling much better on my increased meds and am recovering much better from sessions. I do have some tiny niggles occasionally but they are just the muscles reacting to change.

I entered the SMH Half at the end of March so a few of us did a lap of the course the other day and I probably went a bit quicker than I should have. It turned out to be the same pace as I ran Striders in the Domain. I guess I'm hoping this means I can improve again at North Head next week.

TA

7 Comments:

At 8:45 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

That would be a good half if you hold the 10k pace for that long. Good to see the consistent training is happening now.

 
At 2:07 pm, Blogger miners said...

oh that 10% rule wasn't meant for us legions-of-the-achilles ;)

 
At 2:15 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

So that means you"ll be doing the SMH Half? Hope so, Gnome!

 
At 11:41 am, Blogger Unknown said...

My mistake! Sorry you're not running Gnome, but just to see TA doining it in style will be something worth waiting for! 'Style' is all but gone by the time I finish!! Get well quickly, you naughty gnome!

 
At 11:41 am, Blogger Ewen said...

Only one lap? Did you do it at 3 in the morning to avoid the traffic. Don't worry about the 10% rule TA, that's for beginners.

 
At 4:46 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

ooops...Gnome I meant 2hrs 12mins!

 
At 1:14 pm, Blogger Bennyr said...

I sincerely hope you nail that Half, TA. I really wish I could be there to see you do it.

Cheers,
Ben

 

Post a Comment

<< Home