Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Stunned

After a solid week of strength work which included 5x2min hills at firm pace and 4x5min grinding on the bike plus other stuff, we got to Striders 10k on Saturday. Secretly I thought I could probably do 55ish so decided to hang near the pacer. However, he positioned himself way at the back, so Craig and I moved forward a bit closer to the start. Found a nice pace straight away and never got caught by the 55 pacer. I couldn't believe it when I crossed the line at 54.16, a 2.48 improvement on the Domain time.

I backed up for a PT session later in the day to be informed we were doing hills to simulate when I felt tired for the second lap of the Half course. So 5 mins in a grindy gear on the windtrainer and then it was run 2xLiliyfield Rd hill. This was followed with riding 2 x Lilyfield Rd hill and you guessed it, running another 2. Man, my quads were burning and the legs quite shakey. A couple of upper body circuits and a walk and I was ready to head home and eat!

Yesterday I saw Dr Pain about some little niggles which he elbowed out for me and today I had an easy 2 hours on the program. It was suggested I do it on a flat course but nothing is flat out here so I chose the closest thing and ran along Pennant Hills Rd to Hornsby and return. Gnome drove past me on his way to work about a k from the end. He rang later to ask how I went because he said I looked strong. I was stunned to tell him it was one of those "good" runs. 19.5k and av 6.10 pace. I still don't know where it came from.

TA

6 Comments:

At 6:37 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yay! TA that is great news - a top race and then a fantastic long run!!! You are on fire!

 
At 7:11 am, Blogger Tesso said...

Huge congrats on the 10k TA. Wow, that's a big improvement in a small amount of time.

I had to laugh when you talked about the PT session .... now you know how your own clients feel :)

 
At 2:46 pm, Blogger plu said...

That is a great run along penno road. I did not realise you were up to those distances again.

Plu

 
At 11:28 am, Blogger 26miles said...

Your travelling really well T.A.
Keep up the good work !

 
At 12:25 pm, Blogger Bennyr said...

Firstly, I'll dance a jig in celebration that you are running good 19K runs.

Then I'll ask you to take care of your lungs. Penno Road is no back street.

I gotta get out to a Striders 10K soon...

Cheers,
Ben

 
At 9:45 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

Good stuff TA. The half will be a walk in the park (well, a couple of runs through the domain).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home