Monday, September 04, 2006

Graduated!

Very happy with the last week. On Wednesday I completed step one of my recovery program by running my old 5.5k loop. I had the Garmin (of course! :-)), but I carefully didn't look at it at all so that I'd just run to whatever felt OK. I was quite surprised to find that I'd done it at 5 minute pace, which wasn't exactly to plan... Still, again there was absolutely no sign of niggles {{{relief}}}.

Run club on Thursday was a Hills & Drills session, so I just took it really easy and floated around (oh, and I had the 25k ride to work in the morning).

We hadn't originally intended to go to North Head for the Striders 10k on Saturday, but with running back on the agenda, I figured that if I was going to run 10k, then I might as well do it with 300 friends :-) The aim was just to take it easy and do about 50 minutes. Before the start, Andy (blkbox) said he was aiming for the same pace, so we ran together and did 50:30. Gorgeous morning - perfect spring day. Nat (Go Girl) floated along looking like she was strolling around the shops and pulled out a big PB. Kit was berating herself for her 'terrible run' where she only got another PB. Gronk thundered home for a beauty, and Steve (26) is getting scarily fast. I can't wait to see them all at Blackmores!

Sunday was supposed to be just another easy 10k. 10k it was, but easy it wasn't. It took ages to get into the swing of it, and I felt weary by the end. Only 5:25 pace, so I guess that it is all just part of getting back into it. Rest day today (Monday), and then into step 2 of the program.

Gnome

4 Comments:

At 10:42 am, Blogger Ellie80 said...

Great to catch up with you guys on Saturday morning - a perfect day for it!

A MASSIVE thanks to TA who navigated me back to the city - even stopping when I got stuck at lights!!!! VERY much appreciated and next time I reckon I'll be a-ok :)

 
At 7:41 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news Gnome. Congrats on the graduation. Hope to catch up with you & TA soon

 
At 8:17 pm, Blogger Ewen said...

You've come back well Bruce. Floating around on Thursday was sensible. Looks like it was an enjoyable 10k.

 
At 10:18 pm, Blogger Robert Song said...

That is good news. All the best for Step 2.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home