Tuesday, September 19, 2006

No Iron(wo)man here.

Whinge news - Despite 5 months of Iron tabs and an iron saturated diet , the tests say the body isn't absorbing iron so I have to continue my little regimen for another 6 months!!! and then retest. I, also, suspect the endocrinologist will up my thyroid and insulin resistant drugs next week as they arn't quite meeting expectations either.

Happy news - I'm onto my third week of reconditioning and haven't needed daily painkillers during this time. Under strict instructions, it's to be very slow and real running is still weeks away. All year I've been lucky to survive my work day, so exercising, as well, was out of the question but the exciting thing was I felt good enough to go to the gym before work last Monday morning. I think we may be turning a corner...

Congratulations - To all the Blackmore participants. It has been a joy to read all the reports and hear about the wonderful runs, especially those massive PBs from all my Runclubber mates.

TA

7 Comments:

At 7:11 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

TA, I hope you continue to get some relief from the pain you've had for so long now.

Gnome, you did well on Sunday...and I can proudly say you paced me too one day not so long ago!

Good health & running ahead for you both....I forsee it!

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Luv your happy news!

 
At 8:52 pm, Blogger Jen said...

That is great news TA !

 
At 4:59 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

I'm glad there's some happy news along with the not so good. It's very annoying these problems which seem very hard to fix. Oh for a simple cure!

 
At 5:43 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

my best friend Mel had the same iron issues...now she goes to hospital once every three months for intravenous iron and reckons it's the best thing since...well...intravenous iron!

See you Tuesday!

 
At 6:44 pm, Blogger Cirque said...

I really hope you are turning that corner TA.

Good luck with the rest of it!

 
At 9:52 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Hang in there TA - baby steps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home