Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hip Hip Hooray - I hope!

This is a reader's digest version :-)

Thursday 10/5 - Runclub track session (lap = 450m) of 12 mins at 7/10 effort, 3x150m, then 25.30 min of laps at 6.5/10. Laps were incredibly consistent but the hip niggled with the 150m's so I only did one.

Saturday 12/5
- 1 lap of SMH Half course in the morning with PT later that morning. PT involved upper body wts ( 2x5 reps at heavier wt then 25reps of a lighter wt - tough), 3x1k reps (all sub 5.00min) and a walk to finish. Hip fine.

Sunday 13/5 - Mother's Day Classic 4k Domain. This is rapidly becoming a tradition for Micro and I. I told him he could stay with me or go ahead but we went together and did 20.50. The good news is my return is progressing very well, the bad news is the hip had a big hissy fit about 500m from the end but we finished in style. I hobbled off to the medical tent but the physio assured me I'd be ok for the Half.


Monday 14/5 - Water paddle while Gnome swam

Tuesday 15/5 -
Massage which left me feeling bruised for a couple of days.

Wednesday 16/5
- Saw Dr Pain and he says my hip will hurt but I can't damage it anymore by doing the Half and that he will probably be in the physio tent, so go and see for some tender care at the end. (Yeh right!!) Short bike session with some AT intervals thrown in.

Thursday 17/5
- Paddle with Wildthing in the morning. We had a great catchup and obeyed my taper. Rclub at night and Tim was ill - so I "ran" it and also ran in part of it. I did the 2x2k but the hip was so sore I had to stop there. The others then did 15 mins of fartlek of my determining.

Friday 18/5
+ Saturday 19/5 - Rest days. I spoke with my sis-in-law and we discussed a good use of medications and my hip is feeling significantly better. I'm definitely a starter for the SMH Half tomorrow.