Saturday, July 07, 2007

Another two weeks go by

After a careful but consistent ramp up, I figured that it was time for an easy week last week, and then right back into it this week. Hence, last week was limited to 20k (5k tue, 5k thur& 10k at the CR5k). The 5k went well. On the basis of times I've been doing in training, I set out for 22:30. Managed to pull an extra 5 seconds/k off that and ended with 21:57. That's ok for where I'm at.

This week I've done 6k tues, 12k wed, 5k thurs & 10k at striders this morning. On the basis of the 5k time, I aimed for 45 minutes and (with the help of CR OverTheHill when the going got tough in the 6-7k zone) I managed 44:38. Again, better than expected, though it was hard work and I wanted to give up and just relax quite a few times.

I'm intending to do 18k tomorrow, but a combination of Micro's footy being early and on the other side of Sydney followed closely by the Swans game means that I'll have to run at night. Not my favourite time :-( Anyhow, it should make for a 50k week which is right on track.

Tiger angel's hip continues to malfunction. She had a Cortisone injection under Ultrasound this week. The ultrasound indicated that it is a combination of bursitis and tendonopathy. She managed to get through similar problems with her Achilles by carefully following a specific treatment of eccentric exercises, so there's no reason why she won't be able to do it again this time. Pretty tough though (but then, so's she :-) ).

Gnome

5 Comments:

At 9:58 am, Blogger Ewen said...

Good luck with it TA. At least it's not a stress fracture.

I'd take either of those race times right now Gnomey - you're on track for a half decent C2S :)

 
At 3:24 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Gee, you are coming back so well Gnomey. Got a goal for C2S?

Best wishes to TA.

 
At 6:26 pm, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to hear the comeback is on track. TA and I see seem to be co-ordinating injuries at the moment. First it was the achilles and now it's the hip. Let's hope we are both back in action soon.

 
At 10:20 pm, Blogger miners said...

mate - great run on Saturday after a long and troubled couple of months. Hope it's much less time for TA's dodgy hip to come good :)

 
At 7:35 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope the injection fixes TA's problem....a nasty one too. But you're back on track, Gnome...there's always something to be glad about! Stay well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home