Saturday, May 26, 2007

Time to Butt Out

After the half I took it easy with a couple of swim sessions and some upper body wts and let the hip calm down. I caught up with Dr. Pain on Thursday and he agreed the hip had calmed down and now we were left with the initial cause. He says it's biomechanical but that's good as it is easier to work on and fix.

So no running for a couple of weeks, lots of glute/piriformis strengthening exercises and see him for a couple of visits and then reassess. So I went to runclub that night and took my bike and windtrainer and set it up beside the track. So while they ran I cycled and got to watch the group. It was interesting watching Pete who is so quick. He completes 3 laps to everyone else's 2. He ran 77xx in the Half last week and was telling us about the enthusiastic reception given to the second girl throughout the race as he ran with her for quite a while. Something I will never experience but then I told him he was to quick to experience the pleasure of seeing the front runners a few times like I did :-)

TA

3 Comments:

At 11:05 am, Blogger Ewen said...

Yes, we're much luckier TA - get to run with heaps of people and see what's going on up front.

Good idea with the windtrainer!

 
At 5:03 pm, Blogger Tesso said...

Hopefully all those strengthening exercises will do you the world of good TA. I'm doing heaps at the mo too. Time consuming but if you can do them watching tele or listening to music its not so bad.

 
At 9:23 pm, Blogger CJ said...

Glad to hear that the hip has calmed down. Good advice from Dr Pain - take care. In the past I've set up my bke/windtrainer at run sessions on the track - and you're right, its interesting to watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home